As an Accounts Payable Clerk, your primary responsibility is to manage accounts by processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Must be able to maintain the confidential nature of the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements: enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; and advising management on needed actions.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports recording entries.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Pays vendors by monitoring available discounts, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation. Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Address and respond to vendor inquires.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Takes ownership of assigned projects to ensure superior customer service and reduce company delinquencies.
- Meets individual and unit performance goals for A/P Clerk as defined by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma; Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Two to four years of related and appropriate experience with attention to detail.
- Must be highly skilled at problem solving and dealing with complex situations.
- Well-developed business software skills required, preferable Excel and Word, and experience in Peachtree/Sage and Advantage Software. Prior QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and possess excellent time-management skills with ability to multi-task on numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and have the ability to interface with people at varying levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Proven interpersonal skills that build effective relationships with team members in a manner that fosters an environment of integrity and trust
- Ability to communicate clearly through verbal, written, and face-to-face methods
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
813 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120
GET IN TOUCH
Take a moment to give us your contact information, and our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible.
We help our clients solve complex business challenges, recognize emerging opportunities and realize new efficiencies through a client-centric, consultative approach.
813 Ridge Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm