Centerline Business Services is dedicated to helping clients solve critical business issues and prepare for future opportunities, all while driving value that helps fuel the growth of tomorrow. With a consultative approach that focuses on measurable and sustainable results, Centerline provides accounting, human resources, legal, marketing, digital and integrated technologies solutions to clients spanning a range of industries.
The Financial Analyst will report to the Vice President of Finance and will assist with, various finance, analysis, and due diligence activities for Centerline’s clients, including, but not limited to, SouthWorth Capital Management. The Financial Analyst will work directly with, and support, the VP & Senior VP of Finance, President, and the Managing Directors of SouthWorth in the due diligence, analysis, and research of acquisition targets and existing portfolio companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in due diligence calls and meetings with company prospects
• Assist in preparing financial models for acquisition, as well as budgets for the existing portfolio.
• Assist in the management of due diligence data rooms for prospective portfolio companies and ensure the collection, organization, completeness of requested information.
• Research and analyze portfolio company information, including financial statements, tax returns, collateral, agreements, contracts, legal documents and other key items that affect credit risk.
• Perform market research, competitive analysis and other ad hoc research as needed.
• Assist in the preparation of investment due diligence reports and recommendations.
• Compile data, prepare reports, and analyze SouthWorth’s existing portfolio of companies based on past, current, and projected performance.
• Provide support to the Director of Finance in preparation of financial reports and analysis to internal/external stakeholders.
• Maintain macroeconomic knowledge on current and emergent developments/trends.
• Perform other related duties and assignments, as delegated.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance
- 5+ years experience in a senior accounting role; prior Controller experience a plus
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, and excellent customer service orientation
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and have the ability to interface with people at varying levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to multi-task on numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn organization’s database, content management systems, and other software as needed
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
• Account Reconciliation
• Financial Analysis
• General Ledger Accounting
• Financial Modeling
• General Ledger Reconciliation
• Journal Entries
813 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120
GET IN TOUCH
Take a moment to give us your contact information, and our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible.
We help our clients solve complex business challenges, recognize emerging opportunities and realize new efficiencies through a client-centric, consultative approach.
813 Ridge Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm