As a senior accountant, you will analyze complex financial records and reports. You will oversee the company's accounting operations. Senior accountants regulate and authenticate financial transactions. You will maintain a ledger to ensure effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting tasks. You are responsible for balancing accounts and confirming and verifying bank statements on behalf of the company. You will need experience using electronic ledger systems and have sound analytical skills and advanced skills using Microsoft Excel. Additionally,you will need a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, including preparing month-end reports and financial forecasts.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Prepare and record routine transactions which require understanding of accounting/financial systems and procedures of the company
· Work directly with Corporate Controllers on special projects
· Maintain all vendor accounts
· Initiate solutions for issues that come up throughout various accounting processes
· Review A/P and A/R entries to ensure accuracy of posted bills and invoices;
· Contribute to the team’s goals by taking on a variety of tasks as needed;
· Participate in month-end close processes by posting transactions and performing detailed review and analysis;
· Analyze contracts to determine proper billing schedules and revenue recognition;
· Monitor customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities;
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results, and undertake special projects as requested;
· Assist in month-end reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
· Reconcile corporate credit card and prepaid card activity;
· Assists with year-end financial and other audits as required.
· Assist in month end close process by preparing various account reconciliations, including cash, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and deposits.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment or individually;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Requires strong and organized, clear communications and written skills;
- Ability to meet monthly, weekly and annual deadlines;
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel a must with advanced excel skills with pivot tables;
- Advanced Excel skills, and proficiency in the utilization of other MS products (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools.
- Professional certification such as a CPA and CMA preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within specific deadlines;
- Bachelors in Business Administration and or Accounting;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
· Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and to interface with people at varying levels of seniority both internally and externally
· Proven interpersonal skills that build effective relationships with team members in a manner that fosters an environment of integrity and trust
· Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail
· Systems analysis
· Mathematical and deductive reasoning
· Critical thinking
813 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120
GET IN TOUCH
Take a moment to give us your contact information, and our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible.
We help our clients solve complex business challenges, recognize emerging opportunities and realize new efficiencies through a client-centric, consultative approach.
813 Ridge Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm