As a Staff Accountant, primary responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, performing financial analysis, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. The Staff Accountant will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management.
A successful Staff Accountant should be able to accurately create and maintain financial reports and the general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This individual should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial transactions within an organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining the general ledger and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial statements
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits
- Performing month- end financial analysis
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to operating maintenance accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary
- Maintain and update general ledger accounts
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and to interface with people at varying levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Proven interpersonal skills that build effective relationships with team members in a manner that fosters an environment of integrity and trust
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, and accounting software knowledge
- Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with team members and management
- Systems analysis
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment
813 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120
GET IN TOUCH
Take a moment to give us your contact information, and our staff will reach out to you as soon as possible.
We help our clients solve complex business challenges, recognize emerging opportunities and realize new efficiencies through a client-centric, consultative approach.
813 Ridge Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm